Application Support Manager
My client an insurance organisation in Bradford/Leeds is looking for an Application Support, Release & Change Manager. The primary responsibility is to ensure that the portfolio of applications are pro-actively and consistently managed, incidents are responded to in line with SLA’s and that appropriate levels of documentation and system processes are maintained.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working in the Release Management and/or IT Change Management areas.
- Technical IT background and practical experiences.
- Understanding of common IT processes and procedures.
- 2+ years strong project management skills with accountability for end-to-end delivery.
- Experience in governing both waterfall as well as Agile/DevOps project life cycles.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience with automation tools and strong ability to choose the best tools and solutions for the release management function.
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices.
- Focused and initiative driven with an ability to build strong relationships with the broader IT team, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels.
- Strong desire for continuous improvement and self-development.
- Strong understanding of the technical challenges faced by a global business, able to understand Application Support, IT RM & Change processes and risks in this business context.
- Strong understanding of how financial service organisations work, and how IT should be designed to support such operations.
- Insurance experience is preferred, though not mandatory