Database Platform Engineer
My client a global insurance broker is looking for a Database Platform engineer to join the team on a permanent basis.
This is a global role and you will be working within a team to implement innovative tech and to support CI/CD pipeline and container orchestration technologies.
This role offers flexi working and you can be based from one of several offices across the country.
- Be a specialist on database technologies running on Kubernetes
- Help define the vision, implement strategies and develop code to enhance the platform with a focus on consumer experience, efficiency and scalability
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Senior MMC Leadership, Project Managers, Software and Engineering teams, to navigate the constantly changing technology landscape
- Identify appropriate tactical and strategic solutions to deliver self-service, automated cloud and container based applications environments
- Engineer and implement new technology solutions, on premise and in public cloud
- Automate, develop code and build pipelines, working hand in hand with software engineering teams on automating deployments
- Deploy and support Kubernetes and related technology stacks
- Subject matter expert for Database technologies running on Kubernetes; including but not limited to MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS-SQL
- Mandatory skills; MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS-SQL, Azure DevOps, Kubernetes
- Experience in managing data platforms
- AWS/Azure public cloud experience
- Experience with SOAP and REST APIs to support integration of infrastructure, cloud and platform as a service technologies
- Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols, private cloud or on premise solution architecture experience