Desktop Support Engineer
My client, an insurance organisation in Nottingham is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer. The role will be based in the Nottingham office and you will provide support for end users. You will have excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies and be expected to investigate and resolve issues that cannot be immediately fixed by the service desk team.
- Working knowledge of IT systems in a business environment covering Microsoft platforms
- General understanding of all hardware and applications
- Detailed knowledge of PC configuration
- Able to work quickly & accurately across different technologies to maximize team value
- Willingness to learn and enhance their abilities via training to develop their technical skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities to ensure that solutions are delivered within SLA
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills – able to work closely with colleagues both within IT and across the wider business.
- Ability to communicate in a technical and non-technical manner depending on the audience
- Approachable, Can-Do attitude, Responsive, Helpful
- Self-confident, realistic about own capabilities and keen to learn
- Enthusiastic and able to create new ideas and seeks continual improvement
- Open to change and keen to embrace new opportunities
- Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong Organizational skills