My client a leading insurance client is looking for an infrastructure engineer based in Bedford
Job Specific Skills Profile
Technical skills required for the role:
- Demonstrate extensive experience working as a cloud/infrastructure engineer/senior engineer or in similar IT roles.
- Extensive experience working with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, M365 and Exchange Online.
- Extensive experience of complex email routing environments and Exchange Server.
- Extensive experience working with multi-site and multi forest Active Directory environments, group policy and DNS.
- Extensive experience working with common Microsoft technologies such as patch management, mobile device management and monitoring systems.
- Extensive experience working with Windows desktop, including all levels of troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience working with cloud, server, desktop, network and telephony providers.
- Good knowledge of networking – Layer2/3, dynamic routing, MPLS and firewall management.
- Good knowledge of IT security practices and the implementation of tools that provide MFA, DLP, proxy services, encryption, event logging and alerting.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft server technologies (Windows 2019, 2016 & 2012)
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS & Group Policy
- Good knowledge of VMware
- Good knowledge of Azure
- Experience with Office 365
- Experience with Mimecast
- Experience with Anti-Virus technologies such as Sophos
- Knowledge of identity management solutions such as Okta.
- Knowledge of proxy services such as Forcepoint
The role requires:
- Demonstrate examples of similar successful positions in the past.
- Be highly collaborative with the current team, management structure and business leaders.
- Demonstrate a very high level of customer service and empathy to the customer issues.
- Worked in the insurance or financial services sector previously.
- Demonstrate a ‘Can-Do’ attitude.
- Be an excellent all-round communicator through verbal and written communication, possibly multi-lingual with Spanish being highly desirable.