Senior Specialist Desktop Engineer – modern desktop management tech
My client, an insurance company is looking for a Senior Specialist Desktop Engineer, to join their IT team. The role can be based in London, Whitham or Exeter and you will be given the opportunity to work flexibly/remotely.
Key: Must have senior engineer experience and solid experience in modern desktop management tech
You must have:
- Solid experience as a Senior Engineer working on a desktop refresh project building and maintaining Windows 10 x64 builds – in-depth and advanced knowledge of Microsoft 10 x64 client
- Extensive experience with OS migrations and deployment with hands on detailed knowledge of dealing with, identifying & troubleshooting deployment, IPU and application compatibility issues with Microsoft Windows 10 x64 and Office 2016/2019/365
- Broad knowledge of key business applications (e.g. Microsoft Office 365, Teams, OneDrive, Edge Browser, Google Chrome, McAfee security products, Zoom and ZScaler Zapp)
- Experience with supporting and migrating colleagues between various MS Office platforms (e.g. Office 2016/2019/365) and bit-levels (eg 32-bit / 64-bit)
- Strong script development skills in VBScript, WMI, PowerShell and/or AutoIT – must be able to perform scripting duties to solve or automate complex problems or issues – knowledge of SQL and/or Active Directory scripting a plus
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C Sharp an advantage
- Experience interacting, reading and/or manipulating files and/or data from external files/sources such as XML, CSV, HTML, JSON, INI, Active Directory, O365 and/or Azure
- In-depth experience with various Microsoft desktop related technologies such as Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Roaming Profiles, Offline Files, Folder Redirection, Group Policy, Sysvol Scripts, etc.
- Familiar with modern desktop management technologies such as but not limited to Microsoft Intune, Azure AD, MECM, Windows Autopilot, Windows Update for Business, Servicing, etc. – hands on experience in these technologies is a distinct advantage
- Familiar with Microsoft security features / tools such as BitLocker, SecureBoot, Device Guard, Credential Guard, and Hello for Business – hands on experience in these technologies is a distinct advantage
- Must have experience with Active Directory and Group Policy in a multi-forests / domains environment
- Robust experience producing high quality technical documentation
- Strong experience in modern desktop management technologies – Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Roaming Profiles, Offline Files, Folder Redirection, Group Policy, Sysvol Scripts, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills for interacting across the enterprise
- Highly driven, positive attitude, team player and self-motivated
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Work independently and will likely supervise the work of lower level